[GRASS-user] ogr2ogr and ortho/rgb display

Daniel Farnan DanielF at SHARECHIVE.com
Fri Jan 5 16:07:45 EST 2007

I am having unusual difficulty getting orthos from USGS to display (d.rgb
red=... green=... blue=...), I had initially included the out=... but that
was an error which read as invalid. The files will display in QGIS though -
both in full color and as the individual GRASS misc cells.

I have the correct syntax for ogr2ogr but do not know which directory to
copy the file to in order for the program to perform the re-projection.
I have not been able to find the list for the re-projection codes (though I
looked up epsg codes in the epsg table and have been trying with that
designation) and have tried a variety of possible solutions, in the location
folder, and grassdata, which have not provided a result - searched the grass
user e-mails and wiki with no result.

Any help appreciated - could not find this help in the book or elsewhere I
looked.
Re-direct(s) for harder to find OS GIS tutorials/manuals welcome, I have
most of the easier to find ones available as well as the userlist e-mails
and wiki url.

 Daniel Farnan
 Office phone?415-284-9662