[GRASS-user] Spearfish tutorial update for GRASS62

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Wed Jan 10 07:50:15 EST 2007

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:41:10 +0100
Jachym Cepicky <jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 01:38:18AM -0800, gary wrote:
> > I've been away from GRASS for a while and just loaded 6.2. [Hey, at
> > least I didn't have to bug anyone this time to do the compilation.] The
> > menus have changed enough that the tutorial doesn't match anymore. I've
> > googled to look for an up to date tutorial without luck. Does it exist?
> >
> > Gary
>
> AFAIK not yet. It would be great, if someone would take the tutorial
> from Otto Dassau http://gdf-hannover.de/media.php

The tutorial was written by Stephan Holl and Markus Neteler as well ;-),
and the english version of the latex sources can be found here:

https://subversion.gdf-hannover.de:8080/websvn/listing.php?repname=GRASS+6+Tutorial+-+Translation+Portal&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fenglish%2F&rev=0&sc=0

The text is released under GNU FDL, but it might be a good idea to contact GDF
Hannover (info at gdf-hannover.de) first, if you are interested to take that
tutorial and update it for GRASS. I would appreciate that.

regards,
 Otto