[GRASS-user] lidar data - nnbathy x bspline

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 13:14:35 EST 2007

Roberto

> Yes, you are right! I've already thought it. I'll see what I can do.
> Just a question, what do you think about the output messages? Are they a
> lot or are they usefull?

I guess they could be reduced. Maybe the user is more interested in
knowing how many sub-regions will be used and in which one the process
is than what are the exact boundaries of the sub-regions.

> Due to allocation memory problems I have to constrain the number of
> total cell.
> I have to try to resolve this. Anyway, do you really need a 3km^2 DTM
> with such a resolution? ;)

I am trying to recreate a DEM some Italian researchers made, and they
used a 0.33m resolution. I tried 0.25m just to see what would happen.

> Could you give us a link as you did with bspline.jpg and nnbathy.jpg,
> please?

Sure. here they are:

Vesuvius Volcano, 2.5m resolution (you can see that there are still
some artifacts)
 http://www.igc.usp.br/pessoais/guano/temp/bspline_2007.jpg

Details:
1m resolution
 http://www.igc.usp.br/pessoais/guano/temp/bspline_1m.jpg

0.33m resolution
http://www.igc.usp.br/pessoais/guano/temp/bspline_033m.jpg

> Another last question, are these immages above the commands output maps
> or are they aspect raster maps?

They are shaded relief maps.

Regards

Carlos

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke