[GRASS-user] shared access to mapsets

Duncan Golicher dgoliche at sclc.ecosur.mx
Thu Jan 18 11:47:02 EST 2007

Can anyone answer a very simple question. I am running grass6.1 under
Cygwin with all my data on an external hard drive. I recently installed
grass on a new PC. I now can't enter any of the mapsets I created on the
first machine from the second and can only get read access to them from
new mapsets. I have a different username on the second PC so I obviously
don't have permissions. What I can't find out, after Googling and
searching the list, are the steps I should take to change the
permissions, or perhaps the username in cygwin, so I can just share the
database between the two machines.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who helps,

Duncan

--
Dr Duncan Golicher
Ecologia y Sistematica Terrestre