[GRASS-user] ps.map: add classified vector layers to map?

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Jan 19 03:37:22 EST 2007

On 18/01/07 18:12, Wolfgang Qual wrote:
> Hi list,
> ps.map does a great job when printing maps without classification. But what is the best way to create a map with - let's say - two vector layers which should be divided into classes? I can only specify cat-values to be displayed or not, but not ranges of values for other columns (normally, I would say, I do not know the cat-values I would like to display, but e.g. the ranges of column1, column2).
> Is there a good approach for this?

use the 'where' clause

> Experiences with this matter?

If you want to see an example, just run d.vect.thematic and tell it to
create a ps.map file (if you're using GIS Manager, just fill in the
'Name for ps.map instruction files' text field.

Use the 'label' clause to create a label (d.vect.thematic does
automatically) and the vlegend to display your classes in the legend.

Moritz