[GRASS-user] Error configuring grass-gdal 1.3.2: grass libs not found

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Tue Jan 23 15:59:08 EST 2007

Glynn,

>The last entry needs to have "lib" appended.

Done. Despite this change, gdal-grass still complains it can't find the libs.

>Have you run ldconfig since adding the last line? ld.so.conf itself
>has no effect upon anything except ldconfig; it's the ld.so.cache file
>which ldconfig generates that is actually used for locating shared
>libraries.

I tried this as well, still no luck. If it matters, the only configure flags I'm passing gdal-grass are --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config and with-grass=/usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs
For the 'with-grass' portion, you only need to pass the root directory of the Grass installation, and configure picks up the libs directory on its own, correct?

I also checked /usr/local/lib/gdalplugins, and that directory is empty, so the problem can't be old Grass plugins hanging around.

~ Eric.