[GRASS-user] gdal_version.h for gdal-1.2.5-1.i586.rpm

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Wed Jan 24 02:44:49 EST 2007

Hi Lawrence,

the rpm is pretty old and was compiled on a Suse 9.1 (June, 2005). The
dependencies probably don't fail because there aren't really any included in
the SPEC file, except these:

BuildRequires: proj, python, zlib-devel
Requires: proj, zlib, python

BTW: the related GRASS package was grass-6.0.0.

Maybe you should create your own gdal rpm for RHEL3/CentOS3 with a appropriate
SPEC file or somebody has a matching package for your distribution. The gdal
1.2.5 suse package is not a good choice - I think...

Maybe you can adapt a fedora4 spec file to your needs from here:
http://grass.itc.it/grass62/binary/linux/

regards,
 Otto

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 23:10:45 -0500 (EST)
Lawrence Houston <grass at greenfield.dyndns.org> wrote:

> GRASS Users:
>
> The only GDAL RPM I found which does NOT fail dependencies when installing
> under RHEL3/CentOS3 is an older one which I downloaded a while back, which
> I can NOT locate now in my Web Searching: gdal-1.2.5-1.i586.rpm (which was
> for an older Release of GRASS, possibly for a SuSE 9x Build of
> GRASS6.0???):

> Name        : gdal                         Relocations: /usr/local
> Version     : 1.2.5                             Vendor: GDF Hannover bR
<http://www.gdf-hannover.de>
> Release     : 1                             Build Date: Mon 07 Feb 2005
08:15:39 AM EST
> Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host: tatzi
> Group       : Applications/GIS              Source RPM: gdal-1.2.5-1.src.rpm
> Size        : 10267601                         License: MIT licence;
> Copyright by Frank Warmerdam
> Signature   : (none)
> Packager    : Otto Dassau <info at gdf-hannover.de>
> URL         : http://gdal.org/
> Summary     : GDAL - a translator library for raster geospatial data
> formats
> Description :
>
> GDAL is a translator library for raster geospatial data formats. As a library,
> it presents a single abstract data model to the calling application for all
> supported formats. An initial skeleton of GDAL has formed, and operates for a
> few formats.

> Although configure is satisfied with the presence of GDAL, at build time
> there is a missing "gdal_version.h" which causes some of the Vector
> Modules to fail at compile time...  I fashioned an "gdal_version.h" after
> the "gdal_version.h" included within the newer GDAL RPMs, after which my
> GRASS 6.2.1 Build reports NO Errors???  My hand crafted "gdal_version.h"
> looks as follows:

> /* -------------------------------------------------------------------- */
> /*      GDAL Version Information.                                       */
> /* -------------------------------------------------------------------- */
>
> #ifndef GDAL_VERSION_MAJOR
> #  define GDAL_VERSION_MAJOR    1
> #  define GDAL_VERSION_MINOR    2
> #  define GDAL_VERSION_REV      5
> #  define GDAL_VERSION_BUILD    1
> #endif
>
> #ifndef GDAL_VERSION_NUM
> #  define GDAL_VERSION_NUM
(GDAL_VERSION_MAJOR*1000+GDAL_VERSION_MINOR*100+GDAL_VERSION_REV*10+GDAL_VERSIO
N_BUILD)