[GRASS-user] how to install a workable GRASS in window platform?

Raymond Fu raymond_fu at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 26 07:23:49 EST 2007

hi

  I have installed GRASS version from http://geni.ath.cx/grass.html#toc5, but found many problems.  The author of the package tells existing GRASS is compability problem with new cwygin for this package (from: second last message http://geni.ath.cx/wiki_cygwin_grass.html)  It seems that there are great many difficulties in the compilation.

  How can I install a workable GRASS in window platform?   Do you have any workable package unloaded in the web site?  Should I run GRASS in linux platform?  Should it be the most stable one?  What is the common platform for most of the user run GRASS run on?   It is very urgent to install a workable GRASS.  Would anyone tell me?

  Thanks a lot

  Raymond