[GRASS-user] Broken vector file??

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Sat Jan 27 12:39:24 EST 2007

Radomir wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm quite new in GRASS so please be patient :)
> I've imported my Mapinfo vector file into new GRASS vecotor with
> atribute table in Mysql. Everything was fine until I've edited GRASS
> vector in Qgis and added some points. After this, all operations are
> finising with the following error:
>
> Cannot open old vector transform_izolinie3d at mort on level 2
>
> Still I have all data in MySQL. Is it possible to fix it??

Radomir,

Propably QGIS crashed when you edited the vector. No worries - you most
likely didn't loose any data. Everything you edited until the crash is
should be still there.

To resurrect the vector do "v.build your_broken_vector". If the output
of that command includes a warning about an too big coor file, open
your_broken_vector in eg. v.digit, and close it - this will fix it for
good.

> I've tried google but I couldn't find anything helpful,

Better use one of the archive search engines for GRASS lists, eg.
http://www.nabble.com/GRASS-f1200.html.

Maciek