[GRASS-user] Grass5.3 for Debian download

Chavoux Luyt chavoux at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 15:03:14 EST 2007

Hi

I have some old data that was generated using GRASS5.3 . When I try to
open it in GRASS 6, I get the following errors:
WARNING: Fail of initial read of compressedfile [img.1 in boer]
WARNING: unable to open raster map [img.1 in boer]
ERROR: Unable to open cellfile for [img.1]

It looks like it is the command: "d.rgb red=img.1 green=img.2
blue=img.3", that gives this problem.

A quick google shows that newer versions of GRASS (I haven't used it
now for some time) don't support cell files anymore?
I just need to change some of the colours of the vector maps
overlaying the image, so I don't really want to go through a whole
data transformation/import process. Is the old GRASS 5.3 debian
packages still available for download somewhere? I'm running Debian
Sarge at present and used to run GRASS 5.3 on Knoppix when Sarge was
still the testing version of Debian, so it should run without problems
(if I could get it to install without overwriting any of the GRASS 6
files). Unless of course there is another quick and dirty solution to
my problem :-).

Thanks
Chavoux