[GRASS-user] capacity

Michael Perdue michael_perdue at yahoo.ca
Thu Jul 5 17:44:38 EDT 2007

Aaron,

So, If I understand you correctly, you have 800 raster files that you
need to re-scale but are failing due to the length of the list or
command line length?
If your files are named in a logically/sequential fashion (foobar_1 ,
foobar_2 , foobar_3 etc) then you could run your commands on each
file using a counter inside a loop. pseudo code would look something
like;

let counter=1
while [ ${counter} -le 800 ]; do
	r.region map=foobar_${counter} n= s= e= w=
	counter=${counter}+1
done

However, if the file names are unorganized then you may need to
rework the file names outside of GRASS using a batch re-namer in
order to get this to work.

Cheers,

Mike