[GRASS-user] GRASS GIS 5.4.1 released

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Thu Jul 26 03:43:58 EDT 2007

The reason I am still using 5.4 is that digitizing is much easier than
in 6, once you get the hang of it. So, for all analyses I use 6, but for
digitizing I use 5.4 with two terminals: a big graphical one for map
display, and a small alphanumeric one for typing in the
one-letter-commands (e.g. Z for Zoom). Really much faster than clicking
on icons. You have to learn all those commands of course, but it really
is worth the trouble. How difficult would it be to implement that
functionality in version 6, next to the click-interface?

Jan Hartmann

Dr. J. Hartmann
Department of Geography
University of Amsterdam