[GRASS-user] Compiling grass 6.2.1: i.class error

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Mar 9 12:24:08 EST 2007

Sean, if you just need to *use* GRASS and want to stick with 6.2.1,
have you tried my binary?

I can't think of what the problem might be - obviously I built it
successfully, and didn't have this problem.

If something went wrong with the imagery lib compilation, try looking
further up in the build output where the imagery lib is built - maybe
there was an error or warning up there?

I see you use /opt/local for extra libraries - Darwinports?  Are
there any GRASS libraries in there for some reason?

On Mar 9, 2007, at 10:46 AM, Sean Fulton wrote:

> On 2007-03-05 20:45:41 -0500, Glynn Clements
> <glynn at gclements.plus.com> said:
>
>> Sean Fulton wrote:
>>> I'm trying to compile 6.2.1 on Mac OS X 10.4.8.  I get an undefined
>>> symbol (_I_vask_subgroup_old) error compliling i.class.
>>> Can anyone point me in the right direction for resolving this?
>>> Output is below.
>> How/where did you get the source code? The file containing that
>> function (lib/imagery/vask_group.c) has been removed from the CVS
>> trunk, but is still present in the 6.2 branch.
>> Also, if you have a 6.3 version installed such that the linker will
>> find its libraries, that could potentially cause this problem.
>
> So, are you recommending using the CVS version? (I'd rather not)
>
> Is there any clue to what the problem is?
>
> Thanks,
>
> 	Sean

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do
if you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer,
I'm 50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy