[GRASS-user] long run time with r.sunmask

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 12:15:07 EDT 2007

On Friday 09 March 2007 00:20, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > 2. current inaccuracies in r.sun are of interest to me. Could it be due
> > to the on-the-fly computation of slope/aspect within SOLPOS?
>
> ?? SOLPOS is not implemented in r.sun.

Sorry for the vague nature of this comment. I was implying that since SOLPOS
is better than the algorithm in r.sun, and seems to take longer (longer
computation time == more accurate) then r.sun is using a simpler less
accurate algorithm. This looks to not be the case, and I should have been
clearer in my question/ comment.

Dylan

--
Dylan Beaudette