[GRASS-user] questions about i.pca

Ricardo Oliveira autopilot at oniduo.pt
Tue Mar 13 08:47:23 EDT 2007

Hello.
I am using the module i.pca and i would like to understand how it works. I have browsed the code but i still have some questions:

- does it subtract the mean before computing the covariance matrix?
- what does "transposing the matrix" mean?
- what is the final step before defining writing the output? i read somewhere that it involves multiplying elements but i am not sure which are they.

I wanted to expand my knowledge so any feedback would be great.
Ricardo Oliveira