[GRASS-user] Help reqired

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Mar 14 07:16:12 EDT 2007

Arindam Nath wrote:

> I am trying if I can use the source code for GRASS and compile in VC++
> (Windows.) so that I can run from Windows platfrom without Cygwin. The
> desire is to run it just as a VC++ workspace.

Much of GRASS can run natively (without Cygwin) on Windows, but you
still need to use GNU make to compile it.

If you want to compile it using VC++, you would need to build the
workspace and project files yourself. As there are over 500 Makefiles,
that would be a lot of work.

Also, you would need to update the VC++ files yourself to keep them in
sync with GRASS; it's inconceivable that we would require GRASS
developers to keep those files in sync with the existing Makefiles.