[GRASS-user] new packages for ubuntu avaliable

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 12:46:34 EDT 2007

Hi,
I finally managed to get vmplayer up and running, so I tried to
generate first set of amd64 packages of GRASS and related programs. I
also recompiled everything, so it uses GDAL 1.4.0 now.

List of currently supported programs and their version:

    * GRASS GIS 6.2.1 (stable) http://grass.itc.it
    * GDAL/OGR 1.4.0 (stable) http://gdal.org
    * PROJ4 4.5.0 (stable) http://proj.maptools.org
    * QGIS 0.8 (development) http://qgis.org
    * GPSBABEL 1.3.2 (stable) http://www.gpsbabel.org
    * UMN MapServer 4.10 (stable) http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu

Supported architectures:

    * i386
    * amd64

Version of Ubuntu: 6.10 (Edgy Eft)

I also added sources, so you can download them via apt-get source and
recompile according to your needs.

To use it, point your browser to http://les-ejk.cz/ubuntu or place

         deb http://les-ejk.cz/ubuntu edgy multiverse

to your /etc/apt/sources.list

I would  appreciate any feedback, especially for the AMD64 platform.

Thank you, for the feedback and to them, who made the debian
conriguration files for each program.

Jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky