[GRASS-user] Using v.db.connect

Jorge Echeverri jorge.echeverri at Stein.de
Thu Mar 15 11:52:57 EDT 2007

Hi,

I tooked a look into the manual for the command v.db.connect. But I'm
not sure how it really works. I had imported this file:

#'X_COORDINATE Y_COORDINATE'
L 2 2
3400630.04 5718486.603
3400639.238 5718515.776
6 1
9 1
L 2 2
3400639.238 5718515.776
3400648.641 5718546.057
6 182
9 182
L 2 2
3400648.641 5718546.057
3400665.041 5718562.99
6 181
9 181
into the vector koord_grass2

I check that there is no connection
GRASS 6.2.1 (luenenxy):~ > v.db.connect -p map=koord_grass2
ERROR: Database connection for map <koord_grass2> is not defined in the
DB-file

Then I connect the vector to a table using layers 6 and 9
GRASS 6.2.1 (luenenxy):~ > v.db.connect map=koord_grass2
table=GIS_Darstellung.dbf key=SECTION_ID layer=6 -o
WARNUNG: Die Tabelle <GIS_Darstellung.dbf> existiert nicht in der
Datenbank
         <$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/dbf/>.
WARNUNG: The table <GIS_Darstellung.dbf> is now part of vector map
         <koord_grass2> and may be deleted or overwritten by GRASS
modules
WARNUNG: Select privileges were granted on the table
GRASS 6.2.1 (luenenxy):~ > v.db.connect map=koord_grass2
table=GIS_Darstellung.dbf key=SECTION_ID layer=9 -o
WARNUNG: Die Tabelle <GIS_Darstellung.dbf> existiert nicht in der
Datenbank
         <$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/dbf/>.
WARNUNG: The table <GIS_Darstellung.dbf> is now part of vector map
         <koord_grass2> and may be deleted or overwritten by GRASS
modules
WARNUNG: Select privileges were granted on the table

And receive these warnings??
Why this WARNING: Die Tabelle <GIS_Darstellung.dbf> existiert nicht in
der Datenbank             (that means that the table is not in the DB).
Actually the file is there. How should I write the path rightly?

Does anybody know better tutorials on the web?

Thanks

--
Jorge Echeverri, BSc Civ. Eng.
S & P CONSULT GMBH