[GRASS-user] Re: grassuser Digest, Vol 11, Issue 18

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 18 20:58:49 EDT 2007

Maciej wrote:
> My bad. Thanks for pointing this out. But the 4th attribute is
> omitted, is that correct?

Here is a snipped version of the code in question:
 vector/v.in.ascii/a2b.c

 for( i=0; i<n_coors; i++) {
    G_getl2()
    if ( sscanf(buff, "%lf%lf%lf", x, y, z) < 2 ) {
        G_warning("Error reading ascii file")
        return 0;
    }
 }

only the first three numbers on a line are scanned. The rest of the line
(if any) is undefined in meaning and, as currently coded, will be ignored.

Hamish