[GRASS-user] Dumb Newbie Question - Georectifier

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 01:28:16 EDT 2007

Richard Chirgwin wrote:

> I am learning my way around Grass-GIS, and have bumped into an
> apparent  dead end.
>
> I am using Grass 6.2.1 on Mac OSX 10.4  on a Mac PowerBook.
>
> In the georectifier, I can get the monitor started and ready for
> entering points using i.group, i.target and i.points. When I mark the
> first point on the monitor, Grass switches to "keyboard input
> required".
>
> This is where I am stuck: I can type in the co-ordinates into the
> 'output' upper pane, but pressing "Return" achieves nothing. I can
> type  the points into the bottom pane and use the "Run" button, but
> all I get is an error dialog.
>
> Can anyone advise?

You are using i.points from the Imagery -> Rectify & Georeference image
group right? Not the command line or the other File->Georeference tool?

You can't type stuff into the Tcl GUI "Output" panel. You need to do it
in the Terminal window. Running i.points from the Imagery menu should
bring up a terminal window for you to work in, not a GUI with a 'Run'
button.

I'm surprised you get the "Run" button; i.points in GRASS 6.2.1 is set
up to open a terminal window and guarantee an x monitor is open, GUI or
no GUI. Trying William's 6.2.1 Mac binaries here I do get a xterm pop up
asking for the group name, as expected.

Maybe try running i.points from the command line after running "d.mon x0"
?

Hamish