[GRASS-user] Vector Labels

Amaginary Studios amagine at telus.net
Mon Mar 19 12:13:02 EDT 2007

Mac OS X.4.9 - GRASS 6.2/6.3 Williams Latest Builds March 2007

I am having no luck in displaying Labels for various vectors.

I thought perhaps It had something to do with my PostgreSQL
connection, so I tried a tutorial file from:
http://www.gdf-hannover.de/download
for the GDF Hannover Tutorial

I still have the same problem of not being able to display labels.

Now, perhaps I do not understand how the columns work for selecting
the attribute column for the labels...

I select the attribute columns button from the vector display
manager, and I can see my column 'titles'
I then type in the column title name I wish to display as a label in
the field provided.

When I go to re-draw the display, the Output pane errors that there
is not such column name.

Sometimes the full vector file is not even displayed until I uncheck
the 'Labels' box.

Thank you for your help,

Mars

Amaginary Studios
amagine at telus.net
Phone 250 845 7999

Mars Sjoden
3320 Mount Davis Way
Houston BC
V0J 1Z2

READ CAREFULLY.
By reading this email, you agree, on behalf of your employer, to
release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any and all
NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap,
clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete
and acceptable use policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I have entered
into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns,
in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges.
You further represent that you have the authority to release me from
any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.