[GRASS-user] r.watershed with depressions

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 14:44:21 EDT 2007

Hello all,

I was palying around with r.watershed. If I don't enter a map for real
depressions, it takes about 10 minutes to run, but the streams are not
right. It is a karstic area, so I have some sinkholes, but the streams
do not respect the depressions. So I decided to use the "real
depressions" option. I have a vector layer with points in the
sinkholes, which I converted to raster, with value=1. When I run
r.watershed with this depressions map as an option, it takes about 3
hours to run and the produced maps are entirely NULL.

What is the right way to run this command?

thanks

Carlos

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke