[GRASS-user] Encountering an error importing shapefiles with v.in.ogr

Thomas Adams Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov
Mon Mar 19 14:51:38 EDT 2007

Maciej,

Very interesting… I did as you suggested. I ran v.in.ogr from the
command line and it worked *perfectly*! So, I deleted the vector file --
and using the same options -- the import failed using the gis.m GUI!!!
The options I used in both cases were:

min_area=0.0001
snap=-1
--overwrite
-o

I could email the shapefile (*tar.gz file is about 1.6 MB) to you
(lat-long coordinates). The shapefile consists of 686 areas.

Regards,
Tom

--
Thomas E Adams