[GRASS-user] Vector Labels

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Mar 19 16:04:42 EDT 2007

On Mon, March 19, 2007 20:03, Amaginary Studios wrote:

>> You have the ‘use SQL query’ box checked and nothing in the query
>> field. Uncheck this box.
>
> Whoops, Yes indeed.
>
> I must have accidentally selected this...
>
> However, this unfortunately does not solve my problem.
>
> I have tried multiple vector files, from tutorials, my own v.org
> imports and I have never been able to get the labels to work...
>
> I hope there may be some other little catch I am not picking up on...

I think it is the fact that the column names are capitalized. If you look
at the picture, you see that the column name is 'ELEVATION', but the error
message is that 'elevation' is not found. Try renaming the column to
elevation in PostgreSQL and see what happens.

Normally, identifier names in PostgreSQL are case insensitive, so this
shouldn't make any difference. I imagine the problem must be somewhere in
the GRASS db driver.

Moritz