[GRASS-user] mfilter

Jarosław Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Tue Mar 20 08:24:30 EDT 2007

Schmitt Thierry napisał(a):
> Hi list,
>

> I do wonder if mfilter can perfom filtering on float raster, ie providing results as raster. My recent use of r.mfilter led me to the contrary (i.e output is integer also input was raster). I am wrong somewhere?

well, not
The only solution is to multipy orginal map before filtering, and divide
it after

but... it is possible to change the r.mfilter to output fp maps? Is I
read source code the results is fp and next is rounded to near integer.
Maybe removing this part will be enough (but I'm not sure, I'm not
skilled enough in grass programming)
> Also can anybody could elaborate on S and P options to specify in the ascii filter file

it is well described in help there is nothing to add