[GRASS-user] v.to.rast "unknown use type"

Seb spluque at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 23:08:59 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm having problems with the following call to rasterize a vector:

v.to.rast input=test output=test use=z type=point layer=1 value=1 rows=4096

The vector contains 1 minute gridded GEBCO bathymetry data, which I
imported with v.in.ascii, assigning depth data to the 'z' coordinate.
However, the call above gives the error message:

Converted areas: [0] of [0]

Converted points/lines: [329427] of [329427]

Unknown use type: 4

I'd greatly appreciate some clues on what may be going on.

Cheers,

--
Seb