[GRASS-user] rasterizing points

xrubio at arsystel.com xrubio at arsystel.com
Wed Mar 21 06:38:35 EDT 2007

Hi all, I'm trying to raster a vector layer with 3 or 4 points but I don't
know why it is not working.
The command I'm using is:

v.to.rast input=landmarks_v output=landmarks_r value=1 use=val

but it simply generates an empty raster map. I think that grass is trying
to rasterize lines:

Sorting areas by size ... 0 areas               0 mins 00 secs
Processing lines ... 4 lines                    0 mins 00 secs
Writing raster map ...                          0 mins 00 secs
Creating support files for raster map ...       0 mins 00 secs

but as the information are points it is not generating any line. I want to
create a raster map with null values except for 3 or 4 cells (where there
are points) with '1'.
Any idea about how it can be done?

Thanks!

Xavi