[GRASS-user] r.surf.contour

Amaginary Studios amagine at telus.net
Thu Mar 22 12:52:03 EDT 2007

Hello,

I did the following:

I aligned the region to my resolution  " -a res=4 "

I constrained my region to the bounds of my isolines (z value input)

I also added the min and max values for the z region.

running r.surf.contour took minimal time now... Maybe 45min?
not sure, I watched a couple episodes of Kenny vs Spenny and
when I returned all was finished.

I also ran v.surf.rast and it took less than a couple seconds.

Inputed into NVIZ, looks great, very nice smoothing between isolines,
I am impressed.

Nicely drapes vectors on top.

Now, I have to figure out how to drape other raster images onto this
2.5D surface, such as airphotos.

Thank you Hamish, Michael, Markus, Moritz, and Harri for all your
help and suggestions,
such a fantastic community.

cheers!

Mars

On 21-Mar-07, at 1:25 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:

> Amaginary Studios wrote on 03/21/2007 12:10 AM:
>> I am running r.surf.contour and it is ... taking quite a long time...
>>
>> I am just wondering how long the average processing time is with the
>> following g.region
>>
>> /projection: 1 (UTM)/
>> /zone:       9/
>> /datum:      nad83/
>> /ellipsoid:  grs80/
>> /north:      6052143.70894/
>> /south:      6018782.69306/
>> /west:       644196.986023/
>> /east:       657085.826063/
>> /nsres:      4.00012181/
>> /ewres:      4.00026072/
>> /rows:       8340/
>> /cols:       3222/
>> /cells:      26 871 480/
>>
> Sidenote:
> Not sure if a resolution of /4.00012181 is desired.
> If you want to get it to 4.0, run
>
> g.region -a -p res=4
> and the coordinates box will be slightly extended to match the
> resolution precisely.
>
> Markus
>
> /

Amaginary Studios
amagine at telus.net
Phone 250 845 7999

Mars Sjoden
3320 Mount Davis Way
Houston BC
V0J 1Z2

READ CAREFULLY.
By reading this email, you agree, on behalf of your employer, to
release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any and all
NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap,
clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete
and acceptable use policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I have entered
into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns,
in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges.
You further represent that you have the authority to release me from
any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.