[GRASS-user] Snapping river segments

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 15:39:21 EDT 2007

What if you convert the vector to raster, then back to vector? each
stream should be one segment.

On 3/22/07, Jarek Jasiewicz <jarekj at amu.edu.pl> wrote:
> � napisał(a):
> > Perhaps v.to.db to add the length of each segment to the database, and
> > then v.extract? or SQL thru gis.m to create a new map?
> >
> > Carlos
> it is not a good solution there are no rules on segment lenght in river
> network (there can be short segement in main stream and longer  in
> tributaries and opposite)
> >

> > On 3/22/07, Colin Nielsen <colin.nielsen at mail.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> >> With over to 10,000 river segments that isn't exactly a practical
> >> solution for me. Anything else?

> >> want it

> well problem is on

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke