[GRASS-user] v.in.ascii with large files

Seb spluque at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 01:09:13 EDT 2007

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 16:36:58 +1200,
Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:

[...]

> r.colors rules for etopo2, srtm, and terrain should all break at 0.  The
> "elevation" and default "rainbow" rule do not.

Thanks.  Using etopo2 was exactly what I needed.

It seems some problem occurred when reprojecting the raster from the
geographic location to my Albers equal area projection location, because
values for lat 70 or thereabouts are missing
(http://members.shaw.ca/sluque/earctic.png).  These values are definitely
there in the original geographic location.  Maybe I'm still not setting an
appropriate projection:

-PROJ_INFO-------------------------------------------------
name       : Albers Equal Area
datum      : wgs84