R: [GRASS-user] List of commands available through GIS Manger (6.2/6.3)

Aldo Clerici alcl01 at ipruniv.cce.unipr.it
Sat Mar 24 07:12:47 EDT 2007

Many thanks to everybody for the intersting discussion and tips.
Probably my question was overestimated.
I try to better explain the very simple matter.
The user facing with a problem usually look at the manual looking for a
command (or more commands)that can solve the problem. At this point he needs
to know if the command(s) he wants to use can be run through the buttons and
menus of gis.m or he has to use the command line mode (he knows that all the
commands are available in command line mode, but he prefers to use the GIS
Manager, when possible).
Couldn't the problem be solved simply inserting this information in the
manual page of each command or more simply in the list of the commands like
the "Synopsis of GRASS modules" PDF suggested by Hamish? A simple flag like:
"in gis.m"  would be enough, even though the name of the related menu (or
button) would be even better.

Greetings
A.Clerici