[GRASS-user] v.in.ascii with large files

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Sat Mar 24 07:44:37 EDT 2007

Seb wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 16:36:58 +1200,
> Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> r.colors rules for etopo2, srtm, and terrain should all break at 0.  The
>> "elevation" and default "rainbow" rule do not.
>
> Thanks.  Using etopo2 was exactly what I needed.
>
> It seems some problem occurred when reprojecting the raster from the
> geographic location to my Albers equal area projection location,

Although you have solved the problem, as I can see from the following
posts, you might consider reprojecting vector points *first* into
Albers, using cs2cs (PROJ.4 reprojection tool), then import the
reprojected points into Albers location with r.in.xyz. If you try that,
can you post to the list if rasters resulting from either approach
differ somewhat?

Best
Maciek