[GRASS-user] Creation of a DEM

ivan marchesini marchesini at unipg.it
Sat Mar 24 13:20:26 EDT 2007

Hi Megha,

import your vector map (e.g. with v.in.ogr)

then

g.region vect=yourvectormap   #where yourvectormap is the map just
imported

g.region res=X           #where X is the resolution of the dem you wish

v.surf.rst input=yourvectormap layer=1 zcolumn=column elev=elevation
#where column is the name of the table column containing elevation data
and elevation is the name of the DEM you need

try to have a look to

g.manual v.surf.rst

for more info on the interpolation procedure...

hope this help

Ivan

Il giorno sab, 24/03/2007 alle 14.04 +0000, megha shyam ha scritto:
> Please help me in creation of DEM.i have a vector layer contaning
> contour information.How to create a DEM model  of this.Can you tell me
> the stpes to be followed
>
> shyam

Ti prego di cercare di non inviarmi files .doc, .xls, .ppt, .dwg.
Preferisco formati liberi.
Please try to avoid to send me  .doc, .xls, .ppt, .dwg files.
I prefer free formats.
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formato_aperto
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_format

Ivan Marchesini