[GRASS-user] Postgresql/postgis making databases

Huub Munstege hmunstege at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 24 18:49:10 EDT 2007

Hi Kurt,

I don't have straight answers for you. But I would like to let you know that I am pretty much in a similar situation (I also just got Postgres 8.1 and Postgis running and linked with Grass). My goal is to transfer an Access data base with nation wide irrigation information of Mali and GRASS hydrological analysis into OSS and publish it through a web-gis application.

But to cut a long story short. This is a Grass user list. Therefore it's recommendable to post specific Postgresql and Postgis questions on the user-lists of these applications:

http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/

http://www.postgis.org/support/

Additionally both have pretty good manuals:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/

http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/

Of course links between Grass and Postgis are appropriate here and you might find already relevant Grass-Postgis topics in the archives: http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grassuser/ (for example January 2007)

Cheers and good luck,

Huub Munstege
PRODEPAM
Bamako