[GRASS-user] help setting the color of DEM

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 04:26:16 EDT 2007

Hi,

to change colors of raster map, you need to use r.colors. Several
predefined color tables are available, "elevation" and "terrain"
between them.

To display satelite image on the elevation map (or to get "plastic"
feeling of a satelit image), you can use:

1)  shaded relief map
r.shaded.relief map=elevation shadedmap=shade
d.his h=satelite i=shade

2) nviz module
nviz elev=elevation color=satelite

hope it helps