[GRASS-user] Lambert Conformal Conic location

mespana at ugr.es mespana at ugr.es
Wed Mar 28 07:12:13 EDT 2007

Hello dear grassusers,

I'm triying to define a new location for a volume with this data:

Lambert Conformal projection:
	Standard Latitude 1: 60.000000
	Standard Latitude 2: 30.000000
	North/South Pole Row: -61.842026
	North/South Pole Column: 19.503059
	Central Longitude: 85.000000
	Column Increment: 90.000008 km

In 6.3-cvs.

It's a grid over Florida of 34 rows and 40 cols.

I'm selecting this option on the shell-script menu:

'Florida location'
projection: lcc
datum: nad27
parameters: 1
Central Parallel:36N
Standart Parallel 1: 60N
Standart Parallel 2: 30N
Central meridian: 85W
False easting: -61.84
False northing: 19.50

After I make the input above  that i don't know if it's correct, i try a
region from 40N 0S 0W 34E, 1 res n-s, 1 res w-e (because I know previously
that the grid is 34x40), but I need to obtain the correct parameters for
the region with the parameters of the projection... I can't calculate the
grid dimensions for the region which adjusts my map... i can't see it.

Anyone can suggest a solution? Maybe I don't understand the region
concept... what are the units which I define the region: meters, pixels,
degrees...? I wonder if I must calculate the boundaries manually,
converting lcc information to x/y.

Thanks in advance.

Miriam

--