[GRASS-user] problem with v.edit tool=merge

Jarosław Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Wed Mar 28 07:32:24 EDT 2007

Martin Landa napisał(a):
> Hi,
>
> you can use v.out.ascii, e.g.
>
> v.out.ascii lines for=standard | grep -v ':'
> L  2 1
> 593032.40082212 4921689.97052779
> 595110.2466359 4921611.5612518
> 1     1
> L  2 1
> 595110.2466359 4921611.5612518
> 596809.11428239 4922068.94869508
> 1     2
> L  2 1
> 596809.11428239 4922068.94869508
> 599357.41575212 4921206.44665917
> 1     3
>
> g.copy vect=lines,lines1
>
> v.edit lines1 tool=merge cats=1,2
> [2] of [3] features selected
> Editing: [2] lines merged

thanks for ansver!
I updated cvs to actual but problem ramains

I have two question:
what shall give me the export to ascii file?
what shall give me the copy?

v.out ascii was used with first version of script, but it wasn't what I
need so I abandon that way
(the problem is little complicated, there is lot of to do, step by step,
so I ask only on v.edit)

for now, I assume that for unknow reasons the option merge (only that,
for others I didn't find problems) not work on my computers

Informations for developers on my system configuraitons:

amd 64 3800, kubuntu 6.10 for AMD 64 locality: polish
amd 2300 ubuntu 6.06 for ix86, locality: polish

on both mashines grass compiled including all options possible options
(without panorama gis, and dwg support)

best wishes
Jarek