[GRASS-user] problem with v.edit tool=merge

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 07:48:49 EDT 2007

Hi Jarek,

2007/3/28, Jarosław Jasiewicz <jarekj at amu.edu.pl>:

[snip]

> I updated cvs to actual but problem ramains
>
> I have two question:
> what shall give me the export to ascii file?

Because I cannot tell you why the lines are not merged (or fix a bug).
Without any testing data I can do nothing. v.out.ascii format=standard
exports a vector map into GRASS ASCII-vector format. Then I can import
it, reproduce a strange behaviour of module and fix it.

> what shall give me the copy?

sorry, maybe a bit confusing, I just did not want to modify original
data, so I made a copy of the vector map and used this copy as input
for v.edit.

> v.out ascii was used with first version of script, but it wasn't what I
> need so I abandon that way
> (the problem is little complicated, there is lot of to do, step by step,
> so I ask only on v.edit)

see above

> for now, I assume that for unknow reasons the option merge (only that,
> for others I didn't find problems) not work on my computers
>
> Informations for developers on my system configuraitons:
>
> amd 64 3800, kubuntu 6.10 for AMD 64 locality: polish
> amd 2300 ubuntu 6.06 for ix86, locality: polish
>
> on both mashines grass compiled including all options possible options
> (without panorama gis, and dwg support)

Please send me (to the list) part of your testing data, then I can
tell you more.

Regards, Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *