[Fwd: Re: [GRASS-user] some hints for grass 6.3, now on etch !]

Stephan Holl stephan.holl at intevation.de
Thu Mar 29 02:17:38 EDT 2007

Hello Raffaele,

"Raffaele Morelli" <raffaele.morelli at gmail.com>, [20070328 - 13:29:04]

> > Thats the thing , i had no -dev package installed.
> >
> > BUT: My configure script runs through with some hints of finding no
> > gdal but gives at the end
> > GDAL-Support: YES !
>

> wait, probably you asked for gdal support and configure finds
> gdal-config, which is needed, and probably it worries about missing
> gdal.h header which is provided by libgdal-dev

Let me jump into this too (I have seen georgs setup). The problem is
that configure does not handle gdal-config correct. Evem if you give a
nonexistant path to gdal-config, configure does not bail out with an
error. You need to scroll up to see the error and at the end it gets
summed up that gdal is found.

> I guess its an bug in the configure script.

Yes, definetly.

Best

	Stephan

--
Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de>, http://intevation.de/~stephan
Tel: +49 (0)541-33 50 8 32 | Intevation GmbH | AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998