[GRASS-user] grass cvs libgdal startup problem

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 02:51:22 EDT 2007

Francesco Mirabella wrote:
> I have just installed GRASS cvs on linux centos4. The configure seems
> ok, I have installed gdal from source and I got "gdal support" ok
> after the configure. However, when starting grass, after a new
> location was created the main window appears for a second, then
> crashes and I get:
..
> GRASS 6.3.cvs (UTM_ED50_33):/usr/local/cvs/grass6 > d.vect
> d.vect: error while loading shared libraries: libgdal.so.1: cannot

make sure GDAL is installed correctly and /usr/local/lib (or where gdal
libs are installed) is listed in /etc/ld.so.conf. Run /sbin/ldconfig
after editing /etc/ld.so.conf.

or maybe you need to make a symlink to "libgdal.so.1" if it is named
like libgdal1.3.1.so.1?
ln -s /usr/lib/libgdal1.3.1.so.1 /usr/lib/libgdal.so.1

Hamish