[GRASS-user] r.report units in LatLong location

Gordon Keith gordon.keith at csiro.au
Thu Nov 15 16:50:15 EST 2007

I'm running r.report and specifying units=me in a Lat-Long location but the
values it returns appear to be in square degrees not square meters.

Is there a way to get it to report in square meters?

I remember doing this with r.stats back in grass5, but it doesn't seem to work
any more.

The sort of question I am trying to answer is what area of Australia's EEZ is
the 100-700 m depth range. I have a raster of .0025 degree topography and a
shape file of the EEZ. I've converted the shape to a raster and am trying to
get the result.

Regards
Gordon

--

Gordon Keith
Programmer/Data Analyst

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice there is.