[GRASS-user] d.polar strange behavior when using MASK

Stefano Costa steko at iosa.it
Fri Oct 5 05:52:20 EDT 2007

Il giorno mer, 03/10/2007 alle 14.11 +0100, Glynn Clements ha scritto:
> Stefano Costa wrote:
> > Any suggestion about this problem? I saw d.polar is a shell script, thus
> > possibly slow, but I'm confused because on a larger number of cells it
> > works well.
>
> Try using "sh -x", e.g.
>
> 	sh -x `which d.polar` map=...
>
> That should provide some clues as to where it's hanging.

Hi Glynn,
here's the output:

[Raster MASK present]
GRASS 6.2.1 (donetta):~ > sh -x `which d.polar` map=aspect.5m at PERMANENT
undef=0 eps=built.eps
+ '[' -z /usr/lib/grass ']'
+ '[' map=aspect.5m at PERMANENT '!=' @ARGS_PARSED@ ']'
+ exec g.parser /usr/lib/grass/scripts/d.polar map=aspect.5m at PERMANENT
undef=0 eps=built.eps
r.stats:  100%
Calculating statistics for polar diagram... (be patient)

Nothing more. The only thing I noticed, running top from another
terminal is that there's a "grep" process eating up to 100% of the CPU.

BTW, I'm running GRASS 6.2.1 on Debian Testing

Best,
Stefano

--
Stefano Costa