[GRASS-user] configure no longer finds opengl

Seb spluque at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 10:58:40 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've been successfully building cvs grass for a few months in a AMD64
Debian unstable system.  However, I now run into a configure error, even
though my *dev packages haven't changed.  The particular error is:

,-----[ tail /usr/local/src/grass-cvs/config_log.txt ]
| checking whether to use OpenGL... yes
| checking for location of OpenGL includes... /usr/include/GL
| checking for GL/gl.h... yes
| checking for GL/glu.h... yes
| checking for location of OpenGL library... /usr/lib64
| checking for glBegin in -lGL... no
| checking for glBegin in -lGL... no
| checking for glBegin in -lGL... no
| checking for glBegin in -lGL... no
| configure: error: *** Unable to locate OpenGL library.
`-----

and I've given --with-opengl-libs=/usr/lib and
--with-opengl-includes=/usr/include/GL.  I can see /usr/lib/libGL.so.1,
although there's also /usr/lib64/libGL.so.1, and they're both a symlink to
/usr/lib/libGL.so.100.14.19.  Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

--
Seb