[GRASS-user] db.in.ogr and v.db.join

Markus Neteler neteler at fbk.eu
Tue Oct 23 08:01:05 EDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 10:04:12AM +0200, lami at faunalia.it wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm testing the new databse commands on GRASS 6.3 cvs and I find a problem
> in db.in.ogr.
> I'm using SQLite database, when I use db.in.ogr with a cvs or dbf table
> Grass create the new table on .db SQLite file but it adds a first column
> called "cat" that are not present in the original table.

This is strange since the script contains

# get rid of superfluous auto-added cat column
db.dropcol --q -f $GIS_OPT_OUTPUT colum=cat >/dev/null 2>/dev/null

(the cat column is added in the first place since v.in.ogr is
used, then db.dropcol is called).

It appears that db.dropcol fails.
Try to run
db.dropcol -f yourtable colum=cat