[GRASS-user] landsat and srtm blend

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 19:29:10 EDT 2007

alrc wrote:

> I try to make simple (in theory) shaded relief based on SRTM data and blend
> it with Landsat7 RGB composite.
> I have converted SRTM WRS2 (p187r025) tile from LatLong to UTM z34 to match
> my Landsat data. The thing is that the landsat image is somewhat
> rotated/skewed, which I guess is specific to ETM imagery rather than to UTM
> projection. When I try to combine rasters using r.blend I get an misaligned
> image.

No idea, other than check that you reprojected the landsat imagery correctly.
How did you do the reprojection or import?
You are sure that the SRTM is ok?
Maybe try r.in.wms or r.in.onearth* to load in the landsat data?

[*] from the wiki addons page

You can improve the landsat coloring with the i.landsat.rgb module, it makes a
big difference. for example:
  http://bambi.otago.ac.nz/hamish/grass/landsat/

Hamish