[GRASS-user] need help with mac os x installation

Brandon M. Gabler bgabler at email.arizona.edu
Tue Sep 4 18:22:09 EDT 2007

Since we're on this topic, I need to ask a question about updating
using Kyng's 6.3 builds on OSX. Say I have a version of 6.3 from
Kyngesburye installed. Then I add additional scripts to the package.
Then Kyng releases a new build with upgraded features from the newest
6.3cvs. How do I then upgrade the build without losing the scripts
that I added? I imagine I would need to compile from source and then
do a cvs update, similar to what I've seen done on linux machines,
but I am unfamiliar with how I would do that properly on my mac. So
for all of us GRASS OSX users out there, how do we keep the most up-
to-date features of GRASS without losing addons?

Thanks,
Brandon

_______________________
Brandon M. Gabler
Doctoral Candidate
Department of Anthropology
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721
Phone: (520) 621-8455
Fax: (520) 621-2088
bgabler at email.arizona.edu

"Who? When? Whither? are the questions with which the archaeologist
challenges the refuse heaps, scattered potsherds, and broken shafts,
to tell of the builders who came and lived and went their way into
the templed past." -- Edgar Lee Hewett, in Pajarito Plateau and its
Ancient People, 1938