[GRASS-user] solving libgdal.so.1 problem without root permissions

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 02:37:24 EDT 2007

Hi,

this error means that Your GRASS installation can not access GDAL
library. First You have to check is GDAL/OGR library installed on that
system. Most likely it is not. There are only two solutions then:
1) Ask system administrator to install GDAL/OGR and GRASS;
2) Install GDAL/OGR and GRASS from source in Your home directory and
set up manually all paths (LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PATH).

Maris.