[GRASS-user] scriptable commands for data analysis?

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Mon Sep 24 05:16:16 EDT 2007

On Friday 21 September 2007 18:40:24 Rich Morin wrote:
> I have a couple of tasks that I think GRASS might be useful for,
> related to analyzing geographic data.  One is finding clusters
> of locations (e.g., enough users to support a local user group).
> Another is finding adjacent US counties, based on
>
>   http://www-atlas.usgs.gov/mld/countyp.html.
>
> Ideally, I'd like to find some batch-mode commands that could be
> scripted to generate collections of information.  Suggestions,
> anyone?
>
> -r

Hello,

have a look at http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GRASS_AddOns for scripts.

Some scripts are using GRASS and R and doing cluster analysis which might be
interesting for you as starting point (have a look at this thread
http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grassuser/2006-July/035305.html or
http://lists.qgis.org/pipermail/qgis-user/2006-July/000298.html) .

cheers, Martin