[GRASS-user] rotate raster in UTM

Duffy, Garret gduffy at nrcan.gc.ca
Thu Sep 27 10:01:09 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am running code to scan through a raster row-by-row.  However, the
linear features that I am analyzing are at an angle to the horizontal
scanning angle.  I would like to reproject my raster from the present
projection of UTM to a "rotated UTM" so the features I am examine will
be scanned orthogonally instead of obliquely.  Obviously, there would
have to be some cropping involved so that the rotated raster will remain
a horizontal rectangle...

I think I have to create a new location with a default region with
projection "Rotated UTM"... am I on the right track?  Is it possible to
reproject data to "rotated UTM" in GRASS?

Does anyone have any ideas how to do this?

Thanks,

Garret.