R: [GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] trouble with v.rast.stats underWINGRASS

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 14 02:18:50 EDT 2008

Niels Thevs wrote:
> I installed WINGRASS 63 RC6 and tried again v.rast.stats. Before
> running it I chose a small region (only a bit more than 2 polygons).
> The following error messages were printed:
>
> :/GRASS/scripts/v.rast.stats: v.db.addcol: command not found
> DBMI-DBF driver error:
> Column 'qb4_reg1_n' not found
> Error in db_execute_immediate()
>
> Error while executing: 'UPDATE kacheladdstat SET qb4_reg1_n=1020 WHERE
> cat=24495'
>
> Statistics calculated from raster map <qb050615_4 at PERMANENT> and
> uploaded to attribute table of vector map <kacheladdstat>.
>
> Done.
>
> The dbf file of the vector has not been altered.

"v.db.addcol: command not found" is the key, the rest of the problems are
just due to that failing. Did you install a full version of GRASS
6.3.0rc6 or just upgrade the v.rast.stats script from there?

In 6.3svn I have just modified v.rast.stats (r30976) to better deal with
v.db.addcol errors. It already had a test to see if v.db.addcol failed
(exit code 1), but not if it failed because it couldn't run (for me on
linux: exit code 127). Now it stops for any error.

Hamish